The Individual Investor Programme of the Republic of Malta allows for the granting of citizenship by a certificate of naturalisation to individuals and their families who contribute to the economic and social development of Malta.
To qualify for citizenship, the main applicant must be at least 18 years of age, provide proof of having been a resident of Malta for a period of 12 months preceding the issuing of a certificate of naturalisation, and meet all of the following investment requirements:
- The acquisition of real estate with a minimum value of €350,000 to be held for at least 5 years; or lease a residential immovable property in Malta for a period of 5 years, at an annual rent of at least €16,000.
- Individuals must make a contribution to the National Development and Social Fund. The amount required is based on the number of dependants included in the application:
- Main applicant – €650,000
- Spouse – €25,000
- Children <18 - €25,000 each
- Children 18-26 (unmarried) – €50,000 each
- Dependant parents & grandparents – €50,000 each
- Adult children (physically or mentally challenged) – €50,000 each
- An investment in stocks, bonds or special purpose vehicles to be approved by Identity Malta, for a minimum value of €150,000 to be held for a minimum period of 5 years
Connect with a member of the Elevay consulting team for your complimentary assessment